The function of Mediazone facilities will be carried out applying all the measures mentioned in this protocol, for the determination of which the general risk assessment concerning the University of Nicosia in relation to infectious diseases has been taken into account. This includes the control measures in case of epidemic / pandemic, the requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health legislation, as well as the combination of the measures of various related protocols issued by the Republic of Cyprus to limit the spread of SARS-Cov-2; since at present there is no protocol that concerns exclusively the provision for instructional use of audio visual facilities and equipment.
The protocol has been created by the University of Nicosia in order to provide information and instructions on the measures that will be applied to the delivery of practical courses with a view to safeguarding the safety, health and well-being of both students and employees as well as third-party visitors and site users, aiming to minimize the spread of SARS-Cov-2 during their conduct.
The protocol will be revised and amended against any variations of the directives of the Government of Cyprus or the decisions of the University of Nicosia in order to enhance the conditions of safety, health and prosperity.
For the successful implementation of the protocol and the safe return to normalcy, the contribution of both the staff and the students and collaborators of the University of Nicosia is necessary, something that is desired and expected by all.
All of the new Mediazone Guidelines / Protocols have designed with the safety of students, student lab assistants and all staff / faculty first.
The safety, and the management of the equipment in relation to the disinfection process as well as the administration of the equipment is undertaken by Mediazone as outlined in the protocols.
Please follow and respect all of the below for your safety and for those around you.
All protocols have been approved by University of Nicosia Health & Safety Office.
BE SMART | SUPPORTIVE | SAFE | FOLLOW THE PROTOCOLS
- Safety first. Your health is above all else.
- Be respectful, kind and sensitive to others in these challenging times.
- Help other people to understand and follow the guidelines / protocols and procedures.
MEDIAZONE ACTIONS – SAFETY PROTOCOLS / ACTIVITIES
- Social distancing in all facilities and mask wearing is still in effect, as it is in all indoor areas of the University.
- Implementation of masks: Please note that wearing a fabric mask is no longer acceptable.
- Sanitary stations made available in proximity of facilities.
- Facility capacities posted, and controlled.
- Plexiglass barrier for Service Space in Television studio facility.
- Signage and floor markings for information, seating and physical distancing.
- All equipment thoroughly disinfected before check out and after check in.
- Certain facilities will have air filters and dehumidifiers.
ACCESS TO MEDIAZONE FACILITIES
- Users will be required to wear a mask properly (covering both mouth and nose) at all times in all Mediazone facilities.
- Before entering Mediazone facilities, users will have overall mask usage checked.
- Hand sanitizers will be available in proximity of facilities for consistent use.
- Users are required to uphold the 2-metre physical distancing throughout the facilities, unless directed for purposes of workshops / teaching by faculty – under supervision.
- The transport and consumption of beverages and food on the premises of any facility is prohibited.
- The plastic bags of the bins, when full, to be disposed of immediately by contacting facilities and University cleaning personnel.
- No access will be allowed for impromptu visits, public and external users.
- Mediazone TV studio will use a zone system, as it will be the sole point for equipment pick up and drop off.
- Mediazone will have 3 separate zones setup for the Television studio. Please see map.
ZONE 1 PICKUP ZONE.
ZONE 2 SERVICE SPACE / STUDENT ASSISTANTS
ZONE 3 TEACHING SPACE
Everyone needs to ensure interaction in the correct zone only when necessary. Ensure you are in the facility only when required.
- A UNIC ID card is required for all students, no service without one.
- All tours/visits/workshops or activities outside the academic program, within Mediazone facilities have been postponed until further notice.
- All other Mediazone rules and regulations still apply, unless otherwise stated.
EQUIPMENT LENDING PROCEDURES
Use of equipment off campus in association with Mediazone inventory is now applied as of this February 14, 2022. Please follow the below:
Please do not share equipment when it is in your possession. It is important to know that the equipment was handled only by you the original user – the person who made the reservation.
- We will attempt to avoid equipment check in/out when Tv production studio is in use for class, in order to maintain room capacity.
- Students are encouraged to bring back equipment as soon as they have completed use as equipment needs time to be disinfected. You may book a camera, but a camera may not be available at the time of pickup. We will attempt to notify you in advance if possible.
- For both faculty and students, the pickup / drop off process will take longer than usual, so please leave enough time ahead.
Mediazone controls some operations that include contacting of points through which a person can be infected with COVID-19, such as the eyes and mouth, and are considered high risk, and will be given special attention during use and disinfection process. Disinfection of all equipment used will still apply, and include the below operations, which are still mandatory.
- Use ONLY CAMERA LCD SCREENS. No eyecups or eyepieces used for any cameras.
- Use of gloves in class to handle equipment is optional.
- We ask students to avoid any item exchange, to minimize the risk of cross contamination. Equipment cannot be shared and operated in a group format in class. A single operator for each different piece of equipment needs to be designated and required at all times. Please speak to faculty.
- DO NOT try to clean or disinfect any equipment on your own under any circumstances.
- NO HEADPHONES available in Mediazone – students must bring their own.
- When microphones requested for check out, they are supplied with one disposable mic muff in a plastic bag. Please throw away and do not return.
- All equipment picked up / dropped off from Mediazone, Television Studio only. This is the pickup and drop off point.
- For all IN CLASS equipment use: The equipment will no longer stay in any studios– please bring all equipment back to TV studio / front desk at the end of every class.
- The Heating, Ventilation, and Air Condition System (HVAC) must be set on, at least one (1) hour before the use of a room and set off at least one (1) hour after the room’s last use.
- During periods of non-use of the rooms, the doors must remain open in order to provide faster and more efficient ventilation of the space together with the open window. The air conditioner remains on.
- Equipment is disinfected after each new group of users for in class by Mediazone, and new equipment issued for new sessions for each new group of users.
- Mic muffs will be changed between uses for each new group of users / or user in Audio Production studio / Radio studio.
- Do not make constant adjustments to mic and mic arm in Audio / Radio lab. Set it and leave it.
- Strict observance of the maximum number of people who can be in the space at the same time, which responds to the limit of eight square meters per person (8m2 / person). The number will be written at the entrance of each room. Facility Capacities (maximum number of individuals based on size of space – not counting faculty) are as follows:
TELEVISION STUDIO = 13
DIGITAL LAB (EDITING) = 15
AUDIO PRODUCTION STUDIO= 3
RADIO STUDIO = 3
PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIO = 10 (PORTRAIT STUDIO AREA = 2) Total = 12
- Use of the Digital lab where students can book seats to – so as to be able to trace incoming students will still be used for student open hours. Digital lab use is by reservation only. Reservations are limited. All reservations are made through the online Reservation system only. See schedule for date / time availability.
- Capacity seating for students in teaching spaces, Television studio / Digital Lab / Photography studio will have chairs in staggered positions in the teaching configuration. There will be stickers indicating chair positions. DO NOT move your seat around the facility as it has a designated space, see floor sticker. All stationary seating will follow physical distancing rules.
Last revised: February 2022
Applies as of: February 14 2022