Although Datavideo provides a detailed tutorial on how to update the firmware of SE-3000, there are problems you could face during the updating procedure. After a discussion I had with Datavideo Service dept. & Tech. Product support, they mentioned to me a few points that are not recorded in their tutorial.
In case you try to update from an earlier version like V0.9 to V1.0.1 or V1.02 it is better to disconnect the main frame and controller (CAT5 cable) during the update. This is very important because if you try to update using Datavideo tutorial you may receive a critical error in the Control Panel which says: “Application Se3000 Panel.exe encountered a serious error and must shut down”.
You should follow this procedure:
- Make sure that both the Main frame (or Main unit) and the Control Panel are switched off.
- Make sure that the Main frame and the Control Panel are not connected with the CAT5 cable.
- Connect the USB stick with the update into SE-300 main frame.
- Power on the main frame. You can have your monitor connected to the multi view output.
- As soon as the multi-viewer appears on the monitor, the update is completed.
- Switch off the main frame and disconnect the USB stick.
- Insert USB thumb drive or card reader to USB slot at the right hand side of the SE-3000 touch panel
- Now boot the control panel and wait until the touch screen shows in a normal way.
- Shut down control panel, remove USB drive, reconnect main frame and control panel and reboot
Also, when you download the V1.02 firmware you will notice that the folder structure is like this:
> the rest of the files
The correct folder structure should have only one se3000 folder. Please fix it before you transfer the files to the USB stick.
MZ Engineer & IT