Recently I went to the hospital to make some general analyses due to some dizziness and weaknesses I had. Before I went to the hospital, what came into my mind was that I most probably had problems with my iron and haemoglobin count since I had these kind of problems in previous years when I was younger. When I did the analyses, I had a conversation with my doctor, and he told me that there was no problem with the iron or haemoglobin so we tried to find out what exactly I had.
We finally reached the following conclusion, the problem was my seated position when I was using the computer – it was totally improper, so due to this fact I would like to give you some tips about the right positions when using computer.
1. Maintain good posture when you work at the keyboard. To do that you have to sit in a good quality chair so that it will keep your back comfortable.
2. Adjust your seat so that your elbows and knees are bent at 90 degrees.
3. The monitor should be set at the height of your neck so that it’s top will be near eye level. Also the monitor should be at arm’s length away from you.
4. When you work on the computer you have to make sure that the lighting of the room is moderate so that it helps the eyes.
5. Finally and the most important thing: Take small breaks of one or two minutes every 15 to 20 minutes and move around so that your body and eyes will rest.
This is my advice that I recommend to you, since it helped me so much to get rid of the bodily pains that I had. I hope that it will help you too.
Evie Nicolaou – MediaZone Student Administrative Assistant